Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Review: 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth (And Other Useful Guides) by The Oatmeal

Title: 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth (And Other Useful Guides)
Author: The Oatmeal
Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Release Date: 03/01/2011
ISBN: 1449401163








Let me just say that while I've never visited The Oatmeal before, I absolutely will be doing so after reading this via NetGalley. This book was hilarious. This book collects several comics from the site, ranging from informational stuff such as grammar & punctuation to random funny comics such as "4 Reasons to Carry a Shovel at All Times". I'm posting part of the comic below because it's just that dang funny.



A twisted sense of humor is definitely needed for this book. I laughed through a good portion of this book, startling several coworkers & pretty much ensuring that I needed to purchase a copy of this when it came out. Now several will probably ask "why should I buy this when these are available already on the internet?" Because this is funny & sometimes the internet isn't around all the time.

I'll admit that not all of the comics in here are gutbustingly funny, but there's enough in here that are & if you don't laugh at least once during the book then you must need a new funnybone.

I'd most certainly recommend this to fans of stuff like Regretsy, CakeFails, or the like. This is pure comedy gold here.

(ARC provided by NetGalley)

No comments:

Post a Comment