Saturday, January 29, 2011

Book Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Queen (Iron Fey #3)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: 01/25/2011
ISBN: 0373210183








This is not an ending. I just want to say this straight out at the beginning of this review. While this book does bring an end to a trilogy, there's still lots of story left to tell & Kagawa is going to be continuing it in the next book in the series, The Iron Knight. I honestly can't wait for that one because this one (Iron Queen) was so awesome.

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

Words cannot say how cool this book was. Harlequin seems to have a great nose for talent & Kagawa is no exception. Lots of things happen in this battle- we finally get the huge drag out battle between the seasonal & iron fey. We get to see more of Meghan's non-bio father. There's more development in the Ash/Meghan relationship. And of course, there's more Grimalkin- my favorite character in the series. (Note to Kagawa if she somehow finds this review- I want a spin off novel or series following him around!)

I'll give you fair warning that this ending will be both surprising & not surprising to you. I expected a lot of what happened at the end, but some of the stuff took me by surprise. I actually liked how it ended but I know that there will be some who won't, so hopefully me posting this non-spoiler spoiler alert will prepare some people for the ending of this book. An ending that was sort of bittersweet. (Now I know I'm being way too spoilery!)

If you've read the previous two books then you have to read this one. I'll warn you though, it'll only make you that much keener to read the next book in the series!

(ARC provided by Netgalley)

1 comment:

  1. She's annoying at best. Most, no everything that comes out of her mouth makes me wish I could enter the story, so I can strangle her. Sure, she has rare moments of usefullness, but so does a cow.
    Her relationship with Ash is her one redeeming quality, but she still goes about that with only half a brain.

    ReplyDelete